Sioux Falls Project TJ/Jav Clinic with Sanford Health a huge success!
Our Project Triple Jump and Project Javelin Gold convened last weekend for an historic joint clinic in Sioux Falls -- held with our new partner, Sanford Health -- and suffice it to say that the several dozen participants came away dazzled, exhilarated and enriched with a battery of physical and mental training tools to launch the 2017-18 campaign.
Some of the many highlights:
- Participation by not only our combined 19 Project athletes (including two multi-eventers), but about 50 others of all ages plus coaches -- our largest Project clinic ever.
- Extraordinary education from coaches Tom Pukstys, Duncan Atwood, Barry Krammes and Kim Hamilton with Project Jav; Peter Pratt, Macka Jones and special guest Willie Banks -- 2-time Olympian and former WR-holder -- with Project TJ; and our Sports Psychologist Dr. Margaret Ottley.
- Special individual and group testing opportunities for our Project athletes from the Sanford Sports Science Institute and Sanford POWER.
- Three dazzling facilties: The Sanford POWER Fieldhouse, Sanford Pentagon and Howard Wood Field.
- A side-trip to U. of South Dakota for roundtable discussions with SEVEN Olympians!
- Video analysis with VULCAM’s synchronized multi-angle production and a chance to try Agogie’s new wearable resistance tights
More details in clinic preview and recap stories
- (Preview) Project athletes to get tested, meet Olympians at special Sioux Falls clinic with Sanford POWER
- (Recap) Sioux Falls Project TJ and Jav Clinic with Sanford is a massive success
- Also, interviews and clinic videos on our Facebook and YouTube pages
Thanks to Sanford, our coaches and the NSAF staff -- especially Sioux Falls-based Director of Special Projects Kristi Rieger -- who all made last weekend a massive success.
If you enjoyed last weekend's clinic, or want to see what it's all about, register now for our upcoming clinics: Project Triple Jump in the Bahamas or Project Javelin in East Stroudsburg, PA. Our Project TJ will also be returning stateside for a clinic at IMG Academy in Florida (details coming soon).
GAXC just seven weeks away!
Don't look now, but cross-country season is already here and this year's Great American Cross Country Festival and Shumake/Walker HBCU Challenge -- set for Saturday, October 7, 2017 at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, N.C. -- is less than 7 weeks away | REGISTER NOW
We were thrilled last year to partner with Nike for the event and this meet will again serve as the Official NXN Southeast Pre-Regional Meet. The 2017 NXN Southeast Regional will be held at WakeMed on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
The performances at last year's GAXC and HBCU Challenge were outstanding, highlighted by a thrilling individual dual in the Nike Boys Race of Champions, as Brodey Hasty (14:32.2) and DJ Principe (14:32.4) both smashed the course record. The team title in that race went to St. Xavier HS (KY), while the Girls Nike ROC winners were Kate Murphy (17:11.8) and Blacksburg HS (VA).
In the Shumake/Walker HBCU Challenge, the men's champions were North Carolina A&T State and Trey Simons of Morehouse (24:47.2), while Hampton U. and Darroneisha Lott of Coker College (18:37.0) were the women's champions.
The NSAF recently announced ALTIS – the world's foremost Track & Field training and education company – as its Official Online Education System.
We are now offering you a chance to participate in the ALTIS Foundation Course at a discounted rate. Written by some of the greatest coaching minds in sport, the Foundation Course is an innovative online education platform designed to help you take your coaching to the next level.
You can access Semester 1 of this ground-breaking online coaching education course, featuring four modules -- each containing multiple sections, insightful videos and learning checks to test your knowledge along the way. Get the entire 3-Semester course or just start with Semester 1.
Ready to become a better coach? SIGN UP NOW using: Discount Code: NSAF17
The NSAF17 code is both a discount for you AND a donation from ALTIS to the NSAF to benefit youth Track and Field in America.
3rd American JavFest goes big
The 3rd American JavFest in East Stroudsburg, PA -- held July 7-9, 2017 and expanded back to three full days -- was a huge success with super competition on Sunday bringing the weekend to a worthy climax.
Many of the men's and women's elites were searching for IAAF World Champs qualifiers post-USATF and Cyrus Hostetler thrilled the crowd with his two throws beyond the 83.00(272-3) standard and his victory. Women's winner Ariana Ince missed her qualifier by an agonizing 2cm, but still became the 7th U.S. 200-footer ever and would make it to London anyway.
Meanwhile, the high-schoolers -- namely NSAF Project Javelin throwers -- produced fireworks of their own. Roman Mitchell led five at 195 ft. or better with his PR 207-6, while Dana Baker outthrew NSAF teammate Skylar Ciccolini, 169-2 to 162-6.
Of course the JavFest also included great clinics and discussions, led by the Project's coaches, as well as a sports psychology session by Dr. Margaret Ottley.
- Mountain Valley Orthopedics, including Dr. Gregory Menio, who has personally done so much for the JavFest.
- Momento Restaurant -- Athletes dined there and met Chef Nicola!
- Mobility Doc
- 2nd Wind Fitness
- Bovino's Restaurant
- Rudy's Tavern