Save the Date! NSAF Outdoor Nationals are set for June 30-July 3
The NSAF Outdoor Nationals returns this summer with a new location, new sponsor and our 4-day championships that you know and love! The meet is slated for June 30-July 3 -- after every state meet is complete and leaving the July 4 holiday open.
While our Nationals date has been set, the venue has not. We are working several great facilities around the country and expect to announce the Championship location and sponsor by end of April, when the level of restrictions is clearer, and still in time to make your travel and housing arrangements.
Please see THIS LINK (http://nationalscholastic.org/article/2585) for more info. Stay tuned and see you this summer!
Hot marks and springtime fun at NSAF USA Meet of Champions in Myrtle Beach!
Myrtle Beach proved to be a spectacular destination and its community was a wonderful host as the NSAF USA Meet of Champions at Myrtle Beach, SC made its debut there two weeks ago. Athletes from 42 states descended upon the beautiful South Carolina seaside city and flowed into Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium for four memorable days of track & field.
We are more than grateful for our newest partners from the City of Myrtle Beach and VisitMyrtleBeach.com, as well as RunnerSpace.com, AthleticNET, the NCSA, and The Garrett Companies. Thanks for all your support!
Also a huge thanks to the on-site COVID-19 Rapid Result Antigen testing by our new friends at VHS Hearing Solutions and extensive COVID-19 protocols, the meet was safely enjoyed by athletes, coaches, parents, officials and fans alike.
MEET SURVEY: Those of you who joined us in Myrtle Beach, would you please take this short survey (https://forms.gle/364QnzEb1SAmbV419)? THANKS
Photos by Joel Beachum for the NSAF (Autumn Wilson, left) and Natasha Swanson for DyeStat.com (Hobbs Kessler, right).
There was an abundance of spectacular performances, including:
- US#1 8:39.04 boys 2-Mile by sub-4 miler Hobbs Kessler, #5 all-time and leading four others under 9:00.
- US#1 11.51 100m/23.64 200m girls sprint double by Autumn Wilson, just edging in both cases fellow Texan Taejha Badal.
- A thrilling boys 100m, with Gavin Schurr nipping soph Nyckoles Harbor, US#1 10.36-10.38. Harbor later came back to take the 200m.
- US#1 221-6 boys HT by Project Javelin Gold's Collin Burkhart, who was also 2nd in the JT to Matthew Prebola (199-8)
- US#1 6,893 decathlon by Maxwell Stakun-Pickering
- US#1 5,117 heptathlon by Bryanna Craig
- 49-6.25, 22-6.25 boys TJ/LJ double by Aren Spencer
- 40-9, 20-2.5w girls TJ/LJ double by Riley Ammenhauser
- 49.37 400m/US#1 54.03 400mH double by Tamaal Myers II (just minutes apart).
- 20:45.18 girls 4x1 mile/12:15.41 distance medley relay double by Kinetic RC
- 1:36.94 boys 800m sprint medley/2:00.24 1k Swedish medley relay double by M-City Speed
- 53.87 400m by Roisin Willis
- 27 stadium records, including Kessler, Schurr, Wilson, Spencer, Prebola, Stakun-Pickering, Kinetic RC, M-City Speed, Allison Johnson (2:09.22 girls 800m), Gavin Sherry (4:11.05 boys mile), Addison Wiley (4:48.23 girls mile), Audrey DaDamio (10:23.08 girls 2M), Riley Hough (14:47.99 boys 5k), Charlotte Bednar (16:44.21 girls 5k), Cheyla Scott (5-8.75 girls HJ), Carson Lenser (16-0.75 boys PV), Paige Sommers (12-11.75 girls PV), Sydney Lake (166-9 girls HT), Ryan Allen (15:50.14 3k boys walk), Caelin Sloan (14:23.99 girls 3k walk), Valley Project TC (US#2 7:49.25 boys 4x800m relay), Greenwich TC (9:17.42 girls 4x800m), New England Elite TC (18:36.13 boys 4x1 mile) and Union Catholic TC (4:13.34 girls 1600m sprint medley)
There were also great efforts by young stars like freshman Durian Moss, who won all three freshman sprints and was 2nd in the Championship 200m at 21.59, and Drew Dillard -- who leapt 6-4.75 in the HJ after winning the 110H at 15.35. Those who won and placed in the top three were awarded some of the most awesome medals in the sport.
Check out DyeStat/RunnerSpace/NSAF Meet Stories by Doug Binder, Mary Albl, Michael Newman and Steve Underwood.
All entrants also received a pair of Goodr sunglasses -- which were also popular on sale with families and fans! Also enjoyed was lots of great apparel -- available online and at the meet -- from FineDesigns.com.
Come for the Games, Stay for the fun!
What a great location to support your athletes and teams with all of the activities the Myrtle Beach area offers. 60 miles of sun, surf and sand are not the only things visitors can enjoy in and around the Myrtle Beach Area. Check out https://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/things-to-do/ to find out more about fun-filled entertainment options.
Epic HS Mile Legends Past and Present gather for Virtual Roundtable
Did you catch the fantastic virtual Epic Milers Roundtable we hosted with RunnerSpace.com last month? Past and present high school mile record-setting legends Jim Ryun, Alan Webb, Drew Hunter and Hobbs Kessler joined us for an unforgettable evening of Q&A and lively discussion. So many great races, great records and so many great memories ... and with two outstanding hosts: The NSAF's Chief Announcer David Mitchell and DyeStat.com Editor Doug Binder. Thanks to RunnerSpace.com for production and promotion, as well.
You can view it all over the internet, including on RunnerSpace.com (https://nsafmeetofchamps.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?event_id=14245&do=videos&video_id=303610).
And on the NSAF's YouTube page HERE (https://youtu.be/8WMkiiExMrY).