Outdoor Nationals is relocated and rescheduled; final decision coming by June 15

by NSAF Staff

In order to best accommodate the latest information and guidelines, and be responsive to our rapidly changing world, the final decision whether to cancel or hold the 2020 NSAF Outdoor Nationals will be made no later than June 15, 2020, by our NSAF Board of Directors.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. If the meet is held, the new dates will be Thursday, July 30-Sunday, August 2 and the new location will be Sioux Falls, South Dakota as North Carolina A&T State University has closed its campus until at least the end of August. The meet would be held in the city's 10,000-seat Howard Wood Field (see below). Sioux Falls and South Dakota have been “open for business” for some time now.

2. The decision will be based on a number of factors, including the following:

  • a. Compliance with USATF sanctions and guidelines, which are intended to ensure the maximum safety and well-being of athletes, officials, and spectators.
  • b. The advice and recommendations from our NSAF Medical Director, based on consultation with various government and private infectious disease experts, including those at the CDC.
  • c. The ability of Sioux Falls to implement protocols required to ensure the health and safety of athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators.

We all want you to have an opportunity to compete this summer!  But this is a summer like no other and our first priority is keeping you safe and healthy! Thank you for your interest and patience. Good luck and stay safe!

Photo below from DakotaRelays.com


Our Partners