NBNI SUNDAY: TWO MORE HSRs and MUCH MORE!!!
- NATIONAL RECORD 8.11 girls’ 55 meter hurdles by FK Speed’s Dior Hall (Denver Science/George Washington CO senior), taking down Jackie Coward’s 2008 mark (8.16) as well as retaking the meet record she previously held in 2012 (8.19) before Sasha Wallace claimed it (8.17) last year. US#2 8.35 in 2nd for Quenee’ Dale (Saline, MI senior) and US#3 8.37 in 3rd for Alexis Duncan (DeSoto, TX soph), as they won an incredibly tight battle for the other spots (only .13 separated 2nd through 8th place)! Hall’s 7.53 55H split also moved up to #2 all-time, passing her mom (Yolanda Johnson, 7.54 in 1986, converted from yards) and trailing only Candy Young.
- NATIONAL RECORD 14-2.75 girls’ pole vault for Desiree’ Freier (Justin Northwest, TX senior), topping Tori Anthony’s 2007 standard (14-2.5), Mary Saxer’s 2005 meet record (14-2) and her own new Armory standard of 14-0 from Millrose. US#2 13-4.5 vaults (#13 all-time) in 2nd and 3rd (on misses) for Kally Long (Wimberley, TX senior) and Olivia Gruver (Franklin, MD junior). Freier was perfect at 13-0.75, 13-4.5, 13-8.5, and the new HSR (after passing 14-0.5). She had solid attempts at 14-6.
11 MORE US#1s, 5 GREAT DOUBLES and many more ALL-TIME LIST MAKERS!!!
- US#1 and Armory record (tie) 6.64 boys’ 60 meter dash (#7 all-time) and US#1 and meet record 20.97 200 meter dash (#2 all-time) DOUBLE by Trentavis Friday (Cherryville, NC senior). US#2 21.15 (#9 all-time) for Darryl Haraway (DeMatha Catholic, MD junior) in 2nd for the 200 and US#3 21.50 for Noah Lyles (TC Williams, VA soph) in 3rd (matches own soph class HSR from prelims). 6.67 for Andre Ford-Azonwan (Toronto, ON, CAN) in 2nd in the 60 and US#4 6.76 for Haraway in 3rd. Also, 6.19 55 dash en route for Friday (#7 all-time).
- US#1 and meet record 44-2 girls’ triple jump (#2 all-time) by NSAF Project Triple Jump’s Keturah Orji (Mt. Olive, NJ senior), completing a 2-day horizontal jumps DOUBLE. Four others went over 40 feet, including Project TJ teammate Darrielle McQueen (North Fla, Christian senior) US#2 41-3.75, Mia Barron (Minnetonka, MN senior) US#3 41-0.25, Javonne Antoine (Elizabeth Seton, MD senior) US#4 40-6.25 and Project TJ’s Chinne Okoronkwo (Mountlake Terrace, WA soph) US#5 40-3.25.
- US#1 and meet record 1:27.04 boys’ 4x200 meter relay (#4 all-time) and US#1 3:15.53 4x400 (#6 all-time) DOUBLE by Union Catholic NJ boys, defending both their 2013 titles with faster times. Obafemi Animashaun (2x2 anchor), Taylor McLaughlin (46.83 4x4 anchor) and Jordan Jimerson ran both relays, with Steven Franco on the 4x2 and Kenny Evely on the 4x4. US#2 1:27.79 4x200 (#14 all-time) for Motor City TC/Oak Park MI in 2nd, more than two seconds ahead of 3rd. US#2 3:16.48 4x400 f(#14 all-time) or Old Bridge NJ in 2nd, more than three seconds ahead of 3rd (3rd leg leader Boys & Girls DQ’d for incident on final leg, after 47.14 2nd leg for 400 champ Richard Rose).
- US#1 10:08.05 girls’ 2 mile run (#6 all-time) by Tessa Barrett (Abington Height, PA senior), outkicking the field to complete 5k/2 mile DOUBLE. US#2 10:10.90 for Audrey Belf (Birmingham Seaholm, MI junior) and US#3 10:12.02 for Annie Heffernan (St. Ursula Acad., OH junior) in 2nd and 3rd. US#1-2 9:31.09 3k for Barrett and 9:31.10 for Hannah Debalsi (Staples, CT soph) en route (Debalsi, who led most of race, fell during last lap during contact with Heffernan and was 4th in 10:17.36).
- US#1 7.26 meet record girls’ 55 meter dash (#6 all-time) for Mikiah Brisco (Baton Rouge, LA senior), nipping US#2 7.30 (#14 all-time) by Hannah Cunliffe (Federal Way, WA senior). US#3 7.40 for Caitland Smith (Pelham, AL senior) in 3rd. Also, US#1 6.74 (=#4 all-time) 55 dash en route for Brisco and US#2 6.79 (#11 all-time) for Cunliffe.
- US#1 2:06.47 girls’ 800 meter run (#8 all-time) by Elise Cranny (Niwot, CO senior), pulling away early and winning by more than two seconds. Ersula Farrow (Grosse Pointe South, MI junior) US#3 2:08.92 outkicked Corrine Myers (Westwood, NJ senior) US#4 2:09.02 for 2nd.
- US#1 53.69 girls’ 400 meter dash (#10 all-time) for Olivia Baker (Columbia Maplewood, NJ senior), coming from behind to beat Zola Golden (Arlington, NY junior) US#2 54.15 and Layla White (Cary, NC junior) US#3 54.53.
- US#1 7.79 boys’ 60 meter hurdles for Isaiah Moore (Cummings, NC senior), beating Virginia hurdlers Grant Holloway (Grassfield soph) 7.93, D’Ante Yarborough (Stone Bridge senior) 7.95 and Lee Warren (Lee-Davis senior) 7.96. US#1 7.25 55H for Moore en route.
- US#1 3:46.31 girls’ 4x400 by Motor City TC (Oak Park HS, MI), beating previous US#1 Team FitFast (Columbia Maplewood HS, NJ) 3:47.23 as anchor Anna Jefferson (53.66) held off 400 champ Olivia Baker (52.45). US#4 3:49.92 for Western Branch VA to nip Pro Speed (Milford Mill HS, MD) 3:49.99 for 3rd.
- US#1 1:38.41 girls’ 4x200 meter relay for New Rochelle NY, nipping Parkland NC US#2 1:38.59 and with Cheltenham PA US#4 1:39.00 in 3rd.
- 8:59.82 boys’ 2 mile run for Canadian Charles Cooper (Montreal), outkicking Paul Hogan (Burlington, MA senior) US#1 8:59.82, Aaron Templeton (Hardin Valley, TN senior) US#2 8:59.95 and Tim McGowan (Northport, NY senior) US#3 9:00.20. US#3 8:27.43 3k for McGowan en route as he led at that point.
MORE OUTSTANDING PERFORMERS
- US#2 50-8.75 boys’ triple jump for Nate Moore (Castro Valley, CA senior), completing a 2-day horizontal jumps DOUBLE. He beat NSAF Project Triple Jump’s KeAndre Bates (El Paso Burges, TX senior) US#4 50-1.75, US#1 John Warren (Prince George, VA senior) 49-6.5 and Darrel Jones (Monroe-Woodbury, NY senior) US#5 49-1.
- US#2 4:09.46 boys’ mile run by Grant Fisher (Grand Blanc, MI junior), bursting away from and then holding off US#1 Luke Gavigan (Tappan Zee, NY junior) 4:11.67, Garrett O’Toole (Middlesex, MA senior) 4:13.60 and Wesley Pectol (Greeneville, TN senior) 4:13.93. Fisher’s finish (200s) was 27.1, 28.4 (56.1), 30.6, 31.5 (1:58.2).
- Meet record 4:38.46 girls’ mile run by Alexa Efraimson (Camas, WA junior), just off her US#2 time from Millrose. She won by more than five seconds over Amelia Paladino (University, WV senior) US#4 4:43.84 (#11 all-time), with Kennedy Weisner (Elk Co. Catholic, PA senior) 4:45.20 in 3rd. Sophs Danae Rivers (Wilbur Cross, CT) 4:48.59 (tried to run with Efraimson early) and Stephanie Jenks (Linn-Mar, IA) 4:49.28 (won penultimate section) in 4th and 5th overall.
- 62-1.75 girls’ weight throw by Gabrielle Figueroa (Austintown Fitch, OH senior), off her US#1 mark coming in (but only three girls have thrown further, ever). US#2 60-0.5 (#10 all-time) for Throw 1 Deep’s Nyla Woods (Grady, GA senior) in 2nd and US#3 59-9.5 (#12 all-time) for Mohoghany Baker (Berry Academy, NC senior) in 3rd.
- 77-9.25 boys’ weight throw by Adam Kelly (Barrington, RI junior), just over a foot off his own US#1 mark. He topped Throw 1 Deep’s US#2 Daniel Haugh (St. Pius X, GA senior) 77-4 and US#3 Logan Bryer (Genoa, OH senior) 73-8.75.
- 23.82 girls’ 200 meter dash for Shania Collins (Huntingtown, MD senior), .01 off her own US#2 mark from the prelims, and beating Carolyn Brown (Phoebus, VA junior) US#4 24.07, Symone Darius (New Rochelle, NY soph) 24.12 and Lauren Rain Williams (LB Poly, CA frosh) US#5 24.15 – a time just .18 off Ashton Purvis’s frosh class HSR.
- US#3 47.34 boys’ 400 meter dash for Richard Rose (Boys & Girls, NY junior), beating previous section winner Rai Benjamin (Mt. Vernon, NY junior) 47.56 and Ricky Morgan (Forest Park, VA senior) US#5 47.93.
- US#3 1:51.72 boys’ 800 meter run for Derek Holdsworth (Lafayette, VA senior), edging Kenneth Hagen (Blacksburg, VA senior) US#4 1:51.90 (ran with one shoe). US#5 1:52.04 for Robert Ford (San Antonio Johnson, TX senior) to win penultimate section and take 3rd overall.