Track & Field and Cross-Country Bulletin for Mar 10, 2020
Defending 800 champ Roisin Willis; US#1 triple jumper Sean Dixon-Bodie; defending weight thrower Monique Hardy. Photos by John Nepolitan, Runnerspace.com/DyeStat.com.
2020 NBNI: Full steam ahead!
Those of you who have reveled in three days of New Balance Nationals with us in the past, who have witnessed the grit and determination of 3,500+ athletes from more than 40 states, you understand why even during challenging times such as these that every effort is made for the show to go on!
So the NSAF has risen to meet the safety challenges of the coronavirus outbreak and to say welcome this coming Friday through Sunday (March 13-15) to our 37th indoor track and field championships -- and our 10th with our wonderful partners from New Balance.
We are also extremely grateful for our partnership with The Armory -- helping to make this facility as safe as possible -- and Runnerspace.com. Together we have decided to go ahead as planned and are looking forward to the great achievements this weekend of the country's best sprinters, hurdlers, runners, jumpers, throwers, walkers and relay crews.
Here are your most important links:
- Coronavirus Safety Plan -- With safety precautions, we're going ahead as planned. Please read our NSAF Coronavirus Statement and Updates (March 7 and 10), so you can read why we're going ahead as planned and the safety precautions we're taking and recommending.
- FINAL INSTRUCTIONS -- We've updated this page with everything you need to know as you head to The Armory and get ready to compete! PLEASE make sure you read this.
- Sign your waiver before you come -- This is important too! Your waiver MUST BE COMPLETED AND SIGNED ONLINE before you can pick up your packet at NBNI.
- Your Backpack FAQs -- The NBN backpack is a gift acknowledging the hard work you put in to qualify for and compete at NBNI. Please read this information in its entirety.
- Meet Schedule -- Can't be without this!
- Admissions Page (advance ticket purchase info plus door rates)
- Meet Info -- Basically the index page to all of the informational pages about the meet.
- 4x100m Relay (a new event, check out the details).
Here's how to follow NBNI
- FINAL ENTRIES (Start lists will also be posted on this page).
- LIVE WEBCAST | LIVE RESULTS
- NSAF's NBNI Home Page | NBNationals.com
- NBNI SCHEDULE (in case you missed it first time)
- NSAF Facebook Coverage | Twitter Feed | Instagram
A galaxy of awesome performances ahead!
Here are some of the top performers, events and storylines to look for:
- The greatest prep girls' 800m ever, with all four runners who have run 2:03+ this year (and top 7 all-time) -- defending champ Roisin Willis, 2018 champion Athing Mu, freshman sensation Sophia Gorriaran and national leader Juliette Whittaker.
- Morgan Smalls, defending girls' HJ champ (#2 all-time 6-3.25) going for an unprecedented jumps triple -- though the likes of US#1 LJ'er Claire Bryant ('19 USA & Pan Am U-20 champ) might have something to say about it.
- 33 other National leaders, including 5 who are in the top 10 all-time in their event: Monique Hardy (#2 WT Throw), Sean Dixon-Bodie (#3 TJ), Marlee Starliper (#3 3k, racing in 2M), Leah Pasqualetti (#3 PV) and Jasmine Jones (#7 60H).
- More than a dozen defending champions, including the Loudoun Valley VA 4x1M relay and DMR -- who set national records in '19
- Saying farewell to distance legends like Katelyn Tuohy -- with 9 NBNI individual and relay titles with her North Rockland teammates, going for two more in the DMR and 4x8 -- and Taylor Ewert, who has 3 racewalk and 2 steeple titles already and looks to add more.
- More potential record-breaking relay quartets, especially on the girls' side, with Bullis School MD, Saratoga NY, Ann Arbor Pioneer MI, Mt De Sales MD (the Whittaker sisters) among the ones to watch..
Gratitude for our great sponsors, partners and supporters
M-F Athletics partnered with us this past December and we welcome them and their booth to their first NBNI with us! M-F Athletic’s logo is “Everything Track & Field,” and the company will celebrate its 60th year in business in 2020. They not only stock a huge inventory of all major brands, but also offer a variety of camps and clinics, plus training advice for various events on its website.
The Next College Student Athlete is the NSAF's official recruiting partner. Make sure you verify your FREE recruiting profile during the event and schedule your recruiting assessment with NCSA to boost your exposure and get discovered by college coaches. NCSA will be on site during NBNI Packet Pickup Thursday, Friday and from 7 AM-5 PM Saturday. You’ll also have a chance to take your official event headshot at the NCSA booth!.
We welcome back Gatorade for another NBNI, our Official Sports Fuel Provider. Make sure to fuel up before and after your events!
Be on the lookout for our Recovery Zone on the track level at NBNI, sponsored by ROLL Recovery! It will be a space where athletes can stretch and roll out before, after, or between races and field events. Athletes can also sign up for giveaways and try and/or purchase ROLL Recovery products.
Try an ElliptiGo while you're here, also located on the track level, the world’s first elliptical bicycle which delivers a fun, comfortable and effective cardiovascular workout experience that inspires people and improves their lives -- while eliminating impact on joints. Learn more at NBNI and at their website and Facebook Page.
JAWKU Speed is about performance - measure speed, agility, and reaction time. Getting fast is a mental and physical commitment, make every effort count. Visualize your performance over time on the app and get the accuracy of multi-thousand dollar timing systems condensed into technology that you wear on your wrist.
Also, pick up your free sample of ENERGICE, designed to give you a competitive edge by boosting hydration, energy and recovery through vitamins and potassium. It's a no-caffiene, no-stimulants and gluten-free solution to Cool Energy on the Go!
Baron Rings has been with the NSAF for years and we're proud to again have them supplying our championship rings. Check out Baronrings.com and see everything they have available and the teams they've supplied!
Also supporting us at NBNI is our exclusive national sports medicine research partner, Sanford Sports Science Institute (SSSI), and Sanford Health – an integrated health system headquartered in the Dakotas. The SSSI conducts research in conjunction with the NSAF to help with the development of future Olympic and World Championship hopefuls.
The Official Baton Supplier for the NSAF is RelayBatons.com. Special batons will be presented to Championship relay winners during the award ceremonies. Also be sure to check their booth with your relay teammates to have your own personalized relay batons created.
IMG Academy is the world's most advanced sports and eductional institution. Built from over 40 years of elite athletic development and academic excellence, IMG Academy offers programming for every age and ability level. Check out IMG's booth at NBNI!
Our NBNI competition bibs are provided by Athlete Race Numbers, the Official Bib Printer of the NSAF -- and creator of our fabulous new record banners. Meet Directors, be sure to check out Athlete Race Numbers for your own meets and use the handy NSAF16 code to receive a discount.
National HS T&F Hall of Fame Class of 2020
We are thrilled that our 2020 NBNI weekend also marks the induction of our third class of 10 to the National High School Track and Field Hall of Fame. Tickets are available HERE for the event, Thursday, March 12, starting at 5:30pm. Please visit our Hall of Fame website and check out the live webcast at this Runnerspace.com link (7:45pm ET) if you can't be there in person.