Track & Field and Cross-Country Bulletin for Jun 05, 2019
Register NOW for 2019 NBNO!!
The 2019 New Balance Nationals Outdoor, our biggest outdoor nationals yet, is just over a week away! The 29th edition of our outdoor nationals will run from June 13-16, 2019, in Greensboro, N.C. This will be our 10th NBNO since we joined forces with our great partners from New Balance.
If you haven’t registered yet…
You need to register by TONIGHT if you want to beat the main registration deadline – that is, Monday, June 3, 2019 at midnight EDT (or 9pm PDT). If you haven’t registered yet, go HERE. For those who need to enter after the regular deadline, all late entries (after June 3) must be entered on line by 9:00pm (EDT) Saturday, June 8, with late fees applying. More details: https://www.nationalscholastic.org/nbon/entry/.
We will once again make North Carolina A&T State's BB&T Stadium erupt with the electrifying performances of the nation's best runners, jumpers, throwers, walkers and relay crews. NBNO has grown to more than 5,000 athletes from almost every state, as well as Canada and other nations, and we expect many more in 2019! The meet now offers 14 events each for junior high and freshman boys and girls. Almost all of the new events will take place on Thursday, with the exception Friday’s 1-mile runs. These new events and extra day of competition will bring scores of additional young athletes to Greensboro!
Some important things to know
- SIGN your Digital Waiver: A signed meet Waiver is required for participation in the NBNO and we have a new digital form with SignNow.com! This waiver MUST BE COMPLETED AND SIGNED ONLINE before you can pick up your packet at NBNO. Packets will not be distributed without the signed Waiver and athletes who do not complete this will not be permitted to compete at the meet. DETAILS
- VERIFY your Digital Waiver: If you've already signed your digital waiver, you can ALSO verify that it has been received HERE.
- Advance Ticket Sales: The NSAF is pleased to again offer an opportunity for you to make advance ticket purchases for NBNO through our partners at UNation. Skip the line and purchase your tickets now at NBNtix.com! DETAILS
Off the track in Greensboro
For athletes, teams and families looking for something to do in Greensboro during a break from the track, The International Civil Rights Center and Museum is a must-see regarding historic Civil Rights events here in Greensboro and beyond -- and a tour discount is avaiable to all of those involved with the meet! Go HERE for details.
Big throws, good times at Iron Wood Classic
The 5th Annual Iron Wood Throws Classic (the 4th with the NSAF) took place last weekend and, as always, was highlighted by great performances, enthusiastic fans, great hospitality with Iron Wood founder Bart Templeman and Director Jarred Rome – and a unique opportunity for some outstanding Team NSAF prep throwers to compete alongside Olympians and aspiring Olympians!
Some of the weekend’s highlights:
- US#1 224-6 javelin by Project Javelin junior Sam Hankins, ahead of Project teammates Ty Hampton (215-9), Zech Blake and Joe Nizich.
- Meet record 170-0 javelin by Project Javelin senior Skylar Ciccolini, beating her own best from 2017, followed by a seasonal-best 158-5 from teammate Sydney Juszczyk.
- Near-PR 70-10.5 shot put by Daniel Viveros, just off his US#1 71-3 from early May.
- A spectacular 251-9 hammer throw by Iron Wood TC newcomer Brooke Andersen in the elite division, the #1 throw in the world for 2019 and making her #3 American all-time.
- More Team NSAF victories by Faith Bender (47-1.75 shot put), Tanner Duffin (200-5 discus) and Jacob Lemmon (201-6 hammer).
Team NSAF makes 4th trip to Cuba this week
After a 1-year detour to The Bahamas, Team NSAF is returning to Havana, Cuba for its annual Caribbean Scholastic competition – now in the form of joining in the 3-day Memorial Barrientos, held at the historic Estadio Panamericano and featuring youth, junior and elite athletes from several countries. Team NSAF first traveled to Cuba in 2015 after eight years in Puerto Rico.
Team NSAF Home Page | Boys Photo Page | Girls Photo Page
Twenty-eight athletes from 18 states were selected, some of our best and brightest young stars in the sprints, hurdles, jumps, throws and middle distances. Team NSAF will also be looking to continue its tremendous success in the relays – which have never dropped a baton under Coaches Paul Limmer and Carmen Jackson!
Check out our social media platforms this week and beyond for race and field event footage, plus interviews, from Iron Wood, Cuba and of course, starting June 13, from NBNO! NSAF Facebook Page | NSAF Twitter Feed | NSAF Instagram Feed | NSAF Youtube Page (we plan to eventually archive more videos here)