It’s just under two months until the first gun goes off for the NSAF’s 2022 Nike Outdoor Nationals (NON), and numerous standouts, including recently-crowned Nike Indoor Nationals champions, defending Outdoor champs, list leaders and all-time performers have already committed and/or registered for the meet.
Set for June 16-19 at Hayward Field at the University of Oregon, NON is part of what will be an incredible Summer of Hayward in Eugene with NCAA, USATF and World Championships all taking place.
These entries and commitments include Mississippi sprint superstar Jordan Anthony, middle-distance record-setter Roisin Willis from Wisconsin, and the talented boys and girls of Niwot HS in Colorado – who will compete as “Real Training” in multiple individual events and relays.
Already, the above-mentioned athletes have combined for 10 NSAF Indoor and Outdoor National titles!
Check out a deeper dive into what these talented athletes will bring to the table and make your plans now to join us in Eugene! Then stay tuned for more individual and team commitments in the days ahead in the sprints, hurdles, distances, jumps, throws and relays!
- School/Year/College: Tylertown HS (MS), 2022, U. of Kentucky recruit
- Key Marks: Current US#1 10.14 100m, US#1 20.52 200m outdoors
- Breaking out at 2021 TON: Jordan had a big breakthrough and really established himself on the national stage when he won The Outdoor Nationals 100m with a then-PR 10.21 last summer. He was also runner-up in the 200m.
- Unforgettable indoor season peaks at NIN: Jordan followed up with stellar indoor campaign, capped off with a 6.69 60m / 20.64 200m NIN double (the latter #3 all-time, just .02 off the HSR). He also set a 60m PR at 6.65 when he took 2nd in a pro/elite field at the MVP VibeFest.
- Blazing start to outdoor season: Continuing right where he left off, Jordan has sizzled through unbeaten in the outdoor season so far, with new PRs of 10.14 and 20.52, with his state meet just ahead.
- School/Year/College: Stevens Point HS (WI), 2022, Stanford recruit
- Key Marks: 2:00.06 800m HSR indoors, plus US#3 53.87 400m, US#1 1:10.90 500m, US#2 1:29.39 600m, US#2 2:43.34 1000m
- Jaw-Dropping HSR in Boston: Roisin’s incredible indoor season hit a peak when she blasted a 2:00.06 national prep record in the 800m at the David Hemery Valentine Invitational at Boston U., breaking the old mark of 2:01.78.
- Incredible range showcased all winter: Roisin ran to a set of spectacular marks from 400m up to 1000m, including a VA Showcase double at the 500m (1:10.90) and 1k (2:43.34), both US#1s vs national class fields.
- Diverse NSAF Resume: In 2019, while “just” a freshman, Willis stunned Athing Mu to win the NSAF’s Indoor Nationals 800m. Then last spring as a junior, she dropped down to capture the NSAF USA Myrtle Beach Meet of Champions 400m title in a then-PR 53.87.
Niwot High School (Real Training TC)
- Location: Northeast of Boulder, in north central Colorado.
- A 4x1 Mile to Remember: Those who saw it will never forget the Girls 4x1 Mile at The Outdoor Nationals last summer, as Real Training TC (19:45.37) followed Kinetic RC (19:40.67) to the finish line, both destroying the old HSR. Real Training may not have won that one, but over the weekend their girls competed an amazing distance medley (11:33.51), 4x400m (3:42.72) and 4x800m (8:52.48) triple in addition to the record run.
- Mix of team/individual honors: The Real Training TC boys were pretty stellar themselves at TON, winning the 4x1 Mile in 17:19.70 and taking 4th in the 4x800, among other efforts. Individually, Simon Saia won the 5,000m and Zane Bergen was a close 2nd in the mile at 4:03.90.
- 2022 Update – Veterans and newcomers: Niwot has had a great start to the 2022 season, with many of their standouts featured in the Arcadia Invite. Bergen was 3rd in the boys’ 3,200 at 8:44.71, while Eva Klingbeil was runner-up in the girls 8-lap race in 10:00.26. Madison Shults and Mia Prok are some of the returnees that will make Niwot formidable in any relay they choose when they return to Eugene.