FOUR NATIONAL RECORD SATURDAY!!!
- NATIONAL RECORD 56-7.5 girls’ shot put by Raven Saunders (Burke, SC senior), blasting Michelle Carter’s 2003 HSR by nearly two feet. She had three throws beyond the old record, with the 56-footer coming on her first. All-time marks for place for #2-3-4 with this being the first competition ever with four 50-footers: Ashlie Blake (Liberty, NV senior) US#2 53-10.25 (#5 all-time), Stamatia Scarvelis (Dos Pueblos, CA senior) 52-8 and Lena Giger (Highland, IL senior) US#4 50-0.
- NATIONAL RECORD 17:07.17 boys’ 4x1 mile by Brothers TC (Christian Brothers HS, NJ), leading two others beyond the old 17:20.20 standard by Chariho RI (2012). Blaise Ferro, Michael McClemens, Fran Bogan, and Tommy Rooney combined to defeat Gig Harbor WA 17:08.44 and Brentwood TN 17:15.58 – now #2-3 all-time.
- NATIONAL RECORD 17-10.25 boy’s pole vault by Devin King (Jewell Sumner, LA senior) on his 3rd attempt at the height, eclipsing Andrew Irwin’s 2011 mark by half an inch. On his way up, he cleared a meet record 17-6.25 on his first try. He won by more than a foot over surprise runner-up Jonathan Denby (Carlinville, IL senior), who hit a PR US#9 16-6.
- NATIONAL RECORD 31.35 girls’ 4x55 shuttle hurdle relay for Hoover AL (Brittley Humphrey, Errin Perry, Caitlyn Little and Sarah Sanford), as top three teams all broke the national record. Western Branch VA 31.46 and Winslow Township NJ 31.87 (old record 32.02) in 2nd and 3rd.
MORE US#1s, ALL-TIME LIST MARKS, etc.
- US#1 and Armory record 7:40.80 (#2 all-time) for Flyers TC (Chaminade HS, NY), kicking past Blacksburg VA US#2 7:41.95 (#5 all-time), with Osbourn Park VA 3rd in US#3 7:44.55 (#12 all-time). Sean Kelly 1:51.03 anchor for the winners and Kenneth Hagen 1:50.86 for the runner-ups.
- US#1 29.40 boys’ 4x55 shuttle hurdle relay for Western Branch VA, edging defending champ and national-record holder Union Catholic 29.52, running the #2 and #4 times in meet history.
- US#1 4,054 pts. boys’ pentathlon (#5 all-time) for Gabe Moore (Freeport, FL senior) over Jack Lint (Columbus Acad., OH senior) 3,946 and Steele Wasik (St. Edward, OH senior) 3,882.
- US#1 3:25.95 boys’ sprint medley relay (#6 all-time) for St. Anthony’s NY, holding off Warwick Valley NY US#2 3:26.09 (#7 all-time) and Union Catholic NJ US#3 3:26.16 (#8 all-time).
- US#1 3,706 pts. girls’ pentathlon (#8 all-time) for Shaina Burns (Lakeville South, MN senior), beating Canadians Maude Croteau-Vaillancou 3,591 and Allison Frantz 3,583.
- US#1 3:57.19 girls’ sprint medley relay (#9 all-time) for Team FitFast (Columbia Maplewood HS, NJ), ahead of Wilbur Cross CT US#2 4:02.68 and St. Anthony’s NY US#3 4:02.90.
- US#1 9:00.62 girls’ 4x800 (#12 all-time) by Patriots TC (Freehold Twp HS, NJ), pulling away from a tight, 3-way finish for 2nd between Benjamin Cardozo NY US#3 9:06.35, West Springfield VA US#4 9:07.06 and Warrington TC (Central Bucks West, PA) US#5 9:07.08.
- US#1 25-0.75 boys’ long jump (#14 all-time) for Nate Moore (Castro Valley, CA senior), topping three others over 24 feet: Top rival Adoree’ Jackson (Serra Gardena, CA senior) US#3 24-4.5, Andrew Bolze (Hingham, MA senior) US#4 24-3.75 and Isaiah Moore (Cummings, NC senior) US#5 24-1.75.
- US#1 20:28.56 girls’ 4x1 mile relay for Blacksburg VA, coming from behind to beat Oakton VA 20:34.05 and Unionville PA 20:40.10.
- US#1 6:38.82 boys 1-mile racewalk for Elgin Sharks’ Anthony Peters (Bartlett HS, IL senior), moving up from 2nd in 2013 and beating twin brother Alexander US#2 6:44.34.
- US#1 7:19.22 (#12 all-time) girls 1-mile racewalk for Ashleigh Resch (Beavercreek, OH junior), pulling away from Katie Michta (Sachem North, NY senior) 7:22.67 (#14 all-time).
- 20-5.25 girls’ long jump by Keturah Orji (Mt. Olive, NJ senior) (already US#1 20-8.75), beating Kate Hall (Lake Region, ME junior) US#3 19-11.5 and Mia Barron (Minnetonka, MN senior) US#4 19-8.25.
- 6-10.25 boys’ high jump by Paul Galas (Ontario, CAN), with Jermaine Lascelles (Bloomfield, CT senior) the only other over 6-8.25.
- G-60 dash: 7.39 in H5 for US#1 Hannah Cunliffe (Federal Way, WA senior) and 7.43 in H3 for US#2 Mikiah Brisco (Baton Rouge, LA) to lead qualifying.
- B-60 dash: 6.77 in H1 for Andre Ford-Azonwanna (Toronto, ON, CAN), 6.79 for Darryl Haraway (DeMatha Catholic, MD junior) in H3 and 6.79 for Trentavis Friday (Cherryville, NC senior) in H4 to lead qualifying.
- G-60 hurdles: 8.27 in H2 for US#1 Dior Hall (Denver Science and Tech, CO senior) and US#3 8.40 PR for Alexis Duncan (DeSoto, TX soph) to lead qualifying.
- B-60 hurdles: Dead heat 8.00 (7.992) for D’Ante Yarborough (Stone Bridge, VA senior) and Lee Warren (Lee-Davis, VA senior) in H1, 8.00 also for Jay Hebert (Ticonderoga, NY senior) in H5, 8.01 for Craig Rock (St. Thomas Aquinas, LA senior) in H6, and 8.01 for Grant Holloway (Grassfield, VA soph) in H3 – all leading qualifying in incredibly close fashion.
- G-200 dash: US#2 23.81 for Shania Collins (Huntingtown, MD senior) in H5, US#3 23.95 for Zola Golden (Arlington, NY junior) in H10 and US#4 23.99 by Symone Darius (New Rochelle, NY sophomore) in H4 to lead qualifying.
- B-200 dash: US#1 21.36 for Darryl Haraway (DeMatha Catholic, MD junior) in H2, sophomore class record and US#2 21.50 for Noah Lyles (TC Williams, VA soph), and also US#2 21.50 for Trentavis Friday (Cherryville, NJ senior) to lead qualifying.
- G-400 dash: US#2 54.17 for Zola Golden (Arlington, NY junior) in H8, US#3 54.61 for Motor City TC’s Anna Jefferson (Oak Park, MI soph) and US#5 54.87 for Layla White (Cary, NC junior) to lead qualifying.
- B-400 dash: US#4 47.68 for Richard Rose (Boys & Girls, NY junior) and US#5 48.09 for Andrew Bolze (Hingham, MA senior) to lead qualifying.
- G-4x200 relay: US#1 1:38.60 for Parkland NC in H3 and US#2 1:38.89 for New Rochelle NY in H5 to lead qualifying.
- B-4x200 relay: US#1 and meet record 1:27.56 (#10 all-time) by Union Catholic NJ in H7, followed by Edna Karr LA US#2 1:28.65 in H5 and Motor City TC (Oak Park HS, MI) US#3 1:28.73 in H6 to lead qualifying.
- G-400: Meet record 55.85 by Destiny Ward (Oscar Smith, VA frosh), winning by more than a second.
- B-400: 50.86 for Jalen Hill (Bowie, MD).
- G-1 mile run: 5:01.06 for Rachel Coleman (Northville, MI senior) in Section 2, just edging Section 1 winner Samantha Bockoven (Cuyahoga Valley Christian, OH junior) 5:01.50.
- B-1 mile run: 4:14.15 for William Mulloy (St. Xavier, KY junior), nipping Logan Wetzel (Saline, MI junior) 4:15.37 and Andrew Ernst (Marblehead, MA sophomore).