2019 NBNO is underway!!
The 2019 New Balance Nationals Outdoor, our biggest outdoor nationals yet, is underway! It’s the 29th edition of our outdoor nationals and our 10th NBNO since we joined forces with our great partners from New Balance. Irwin Belk Track at North Carolina A&T State's BB&T Stadium here in Greensboro, N.C. is our home and we love it here!
NBNO has expanded to four days long for the first time and Thursday we welcomed about 2,000 freshmen and junior high athletes for 14 new events on the track and in the field – especially for them! We have more than 7,000 of the nation's best runners, jumpers, throwers, walkers and relay crews in NBNO now from 49 states, D.C., Canada and other nations.
Here’s a bunch of links you’ll want to remember:
KEY LINKS: FINAL INSTRUCTIONS | NSAF's NBNO Home Page | NBNationals.com | NBNO SCHEDULE | START LISTS, DAILY RESULTS and ENTRIES | NSAF RaceDay App | LIVE WEBCAST | LIVE RESULTS | NBNO Meet Waiver | Advance Ticket Purchase at NBNTix.com.
Some important things to know
- SIGN your Digital Waiver: A signed meet Waiver is required for participation in the NBNO and we have a new digital form with SignNow.com! This waiver MUST BE COMPLETED AND SIGNED ONLINE before you can pick up your packet at NBNO. Packets will not be distributed without the signed Waiver and athletes who do not complete this will not be permitted to compete at the meet. DETAILS
- VERIFY your Digital Waiver: If you've already signed your digital waiver, you can ALSO verify that it has been received HERE.
- Advance Ticket Sales: The NSAF is pleased to again offer an opportunity for you to make advance ticket purchases for NBNO through our partners at UNation. Skip the line and purchase your tickets now at NBNtix.com! DETAILS
- Read the all-important FINAL INSTRUCTIONS for info on the links listed above, plus admission for athletes/coaches and wristband info, packet pickup and backpack info, finalists and awards, replacement bibs and lost/stolen backpacks, relay batons and relay cards, shuttles to the track, medical staff, warmup area, spikes, athlete check-in, shuttle hurdle rules and guidelines, info on filing protests and much more.
- NBNO SafeSport Policy: We have adopted procedures to be in compliance with the NSAF adoption of the USATF and the USOC’s SafeSport Policy and to provide a safe environment for our athletes. FULL DETAILS HERE.
Following NBNO: RACE DAY App and MORE!
- We're thrilled to offer the NSAF Race Day App again for 2018 NBNO. Whether you're at the meet or following from home, this is your mobile home for event details, instant results, live streams, athlete tracking, video, interviews and much more.
- We also invite you to follow the LIVE WEBCAST with our partners from Runnerspace.com, as well as LIVE RESULTS from the meet. Keep up with the latest START LISTS and DAILY RESULTS HERE.
- Social Media: We will have video event clips, interviews, photos and more on our NSAF Facebook page, Twitter feed and Instagram feed all weekend long and beyond.
The NSAF is once again publishing its NBNO meet program exclusively as a FREE PDF file for you to read or download from your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer! Here is a link to details for our 50-page 2019 NBNO Meet Program (7.6MB) for your enjoyment. It's packed with profiles, stats and more.
THE COMPETITION – Potential record-setters
- Justin Robinson (Hazelwood West HS, MO jr), our NBNI 400m champ and last week’s Great Southwest champ in a all-time #2 performance of 44.84, has a shot to break the 1981 HSR of 44.69.
- Jasmine Moore, our former Project Triple Jumper who has already won six NBN triple jump and long jump titles, will go for her 3rd NBNO TJ crown after moving to #3 all-time with 44-10 at the Texas State Meet. She’s less than two inches off the HSR.
- Skylar Ciccolini, our Project Javelin senior (Mifflin County HS, PA), is looking for her first NBNO crown after her 184-2 throw at Penn Relays moved her to #2 all-time – just 18 inches of Madison Wiltrout’s HSR.
- Records are always a possibility when super soph Tamari Davis steps on the track. She’ll be looking to defend her 100/200 titles here and add to the five NBN championships she’s already won (3 indoors).
- Athing Mu (Trenton TC, NJ), the 2018 NBNO and NBNI 800 champ (before taking 2nd at NBNI this past March), has run 2:01.38 for 800m and could challenge Mary Cain’s 1:59.31 HSR.
- Both 2K steeplechase records could go down as Sarah Trainor (6:29.08 HSR this year) of New York and defending champ Taylor Ewert of Ohio go head-to-head. Ewert topped Trainor by three seconds in 2018. Meanwhile, Parker Stokes of New York has clocked 9:02 for the 3k steeple and could challenge Bailey Roth’s 5:41.67 2k mark set here in ’14.
- Finally, two relay super powers from Texas, the DeSoto TX girls and Fort Bend Marshall TX boys, could be chasing all-time marks in the sprint relays. In the longer relays, the Christian Brothers Academy NJ 4x1 Mile boys have a shot and in the shuttle hurdle relays, schools like Western Branch VA, Bullis MD and Team WAR VA always have a chance.
- More than 30 athletes representing our current and previous Team NSAF squads from our meets in Cuba, the Bahamas and the Iron Wood Throws will be competing (and reuniting) here in Greensboro.
Coaches Hospitality Room
All coaches are invited to visit the hospitality room for coaches presented by our partners at New Balance. The hospitality room will be located in the locker room in the fieldhouse (look for the signs). Hours for hospitality room will be:
- Friday 10am-5pm
- Saturday 10am-5pm
- Sunday 10am-3pm
The first 50 coaches on Friday and Saturday receive a $25 coaches gift card to NewBalance.com.
- NSAF Project Javelin Gold founder and coach Jeff Gorski will be conducting a free javelin clinic on the outside javelin runway Saturday at 3:30pm – DETAILS
- NSAF Project Javelin Coordinator Macka Jones and Project Coach and Olympic record-holder Kenny Harrison will be conducting a free triple jump clinic in the Chancellor’s Suite on the 3rd floor of the stadium press box at 6pm Friday.
- Shot Put Clinic Shelton Harrison and VS Sports putting this on Saturday, June 15th, 2019 at the shot put ring at 8am. - DETAILS.
Off the track in Greensboro
For athletes, teams and families looking for something to do in Greensboro during a break from the track, The International Civil Rights Center and Museum is a must-see regarding historic Civil Rights events here in Greensboro and beyond -- and a tour discount is avaiable to all of those involved with the meet! Go HERE for details.
Welcome to all of our partners and sponsors!
JAWKU Speed is about performance - measure speed, agility, and reaction time. Getting fast is a mental and physical commitment, make every effort count. Visualize your performance over time on the app and get the accuracy of multi-thousand dollar timing systems condensed into technology that you wear on your wrist.
The NSAF is proud to work with our Exclusive Baton Partner, RelayBatons.com to provide commemorative custom batons to each relay team entered (not required for use in the meet). Commemorative All-American batons (top 6 relay teams in the championship relays) will be handed out at the awards tent immediately following each relay.
Check out our Recovery Zone at NBNO, sponsored by ROLL Recovery! It will be a space where athletes can stretch and roll out before, after, or between races and field events. Athletes can also sign up for giveaways and try and/or purchase ROLL Recovery products, which will be for sale at special discounted event pricing.
Returning to NBNO for the 3rd year in 2019 is Chill Skinz, which offers instant cooling towels and headwear. Check out their booth and try their products at the track!
Our NBNI competition bibs are provided by Athlete Race Numbers, the Official Bib Printer of the NSAF. Meet Directors, be sure to check out Athlete Race Numbers for your own meets and use the handy NSAF16 code to receive a discount.
We are glad to have Primo Water, our Official Water Sponsor, and Gatorade, our Official Sports Fuel Provider, back with us for 2019. Temperatures will likely be in the 80s as the weekend progresses, so please enjoy Gatorade and/or fill up your water bottles at the Primo Hydration Stations around the track and facility.
Make sure you try an ElliptiGo at NBNO, the world’s first elliptical bicycle which delivers a fun, comfortable and effective cardiovascular workout experience that inspires people and improves their lives -- while eliminating impact on joints. They have helped Great Oaks High School and Coach Doug Soles build a national distance dynasty out of Temecula, California. Learn more at their website and Facebook Page.
We again welcome our Exclusive National Sports Medicine Research Partners from the Sanford Sports Science Institute (SSSI). Sanford Health – an integrated health system headquartered in the Dakotas – conducts research in conjunction with the NSAF to help with the development of future Olympic and World Championship hopefuls, including our 3rd annual special combined Project Javelin Gold and Project Triple Jump clinic August 8-11 at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls. The clinic will be open to any interested athletes and coaches.
Next College Student Athlete is the NSAF's official recruiting partner. With more than 35,000 verified college coaches and a 4.9-star Google Rating (2,250+ reviews), NCSA is the world’s largest and most successful college athletic recruiting network. Build your free NCSA profile to boost your exposure and get discovered by coaches.
Record multi-angle video with your existing iPhones
VULCAM, a partner of NSAF, is launching its app-only video solution at 2019 NBNO. You can now download VULCAM onto your iPad, download VULCAM EYE to any iOS camera devices, and start capturing your own time-synchronized multi-viewpoint video.
With over 200,000 recordings of US Olympic athletes, VULCAM’s simple and straightforward technology has proven to help coaches and athletes in performance improvement, injury prevention, rehabilitation, and so on.
Check out VULCAM’s booth at 2019 NBNO to see it in action. For more information, check out VULCAM on App Store or visit www.VULCAM.tv