- 100m/200m – PRs 11.60, 23.79i, 23.94
- Garner HS, Garner NC, Class of 2020
- Notes: With her 3rd-place finish (23.79) in the NBNI 200m in March, just .01 behind senior runner-up Thelma Davies, Jonah made a big step up to the national championship level … she swept the NBNO EE 100 and 200 last spring with her meet record 11.60 PR and a 23.99 (then PR) … she was also USATF JO 100m runner-up last summer … has also run 7.53 for 60m and 38.64 for 300m … father is Duane Ross, Director of Track and Field at North Carolina A&T State.
- 100m/200m – PRs 11.83, 24.23, 24.50i
- Hillcrest HS, Simpsonville SC, Class of 2020
- Notes: Zariere has had strong success across all sprints the past few years, most recently stepping up to a 55.23 400 PR to win the Bojangles Classic … she was 2nd in the 400 and 4th in both the 100 (her 11.83 PR) and 200 at 5A state last year … showed her short sprint speed with 7.57 60 PR for 4th in NBNI EE final … Zariere was also 2nd in the ’18 NBNI EE 200 with her indoor best of 24.50.
- 100m/200m – PRs 11.66, 23.97, 24.09i
- Lakota East HS, Liberty Twp OH, Class of 2020
- Notes: Serena’s stellar indoor campaign was highlighted by a D1 state 200 title and 60m runner-up finish, two weeks after big PRs in those events at the Kentucky Invite (24.09 1st, 7.52 2nd prelim) … she came within .04 of making the 200 final at NBNI … Serena was the 200 runner-up in last spring’s Ohio D1 outdoor state meet … was also a member of the Lakota East 4x100 state championship-winning quartet.
- 400m – PRs 52.33, 52.62i
- Buford HS, Buford GA, Class of 2020
- Notes: Kimberly scored the biggest victory of her young career at NBNI when she edged Britton Wilson in the championship 400 with a US#1 and indoor PR 52.62 … outdoor 52.33 PR came last May while winning Atlanta Georgia Relays 400 … followed that with runner-up 52.54 at NBNO … has great range from 7.45 60m (NBNI EE victory) to 2:19.60 800m, with 11.65 100m, 23.39 200m, 37.36 300m in-between … has also long-jumped over 20 feet.
- 400m – PRs 54.21i, 54.95
- Saucon Valley HS, Hellertown PA, Class of 2020
- Notes: Talitha’s outstanding indoor season peaked at NBNI, where she ran her PR 54.21 to finish 5th in 400 championship … she also ran PRs of 7.54 60, 24.16 200 and 39.26 300 this winter … outer end of her range includes 2:20 800 and she has long-jumped 19-3 … Talitha was the state 400 runner-up in ’18 (and ran her 23.90 200 PR at NBNO), then indoors won 1st state 400 title … she is the daughter of U.S. 800 legend Joetta Clark Diggs.
- 400m – PRs 54.29, 54.84i
- Wharton HS, Tampa FL, Class of 2020
- Notes: Ken’Naria’s strong regular-season concluded with a 3rd in the 3A state 400 final at 54.75 (54.54 prelim), not far off the 54.29 PR she ran in finishing 2nd at the Louie Bing meet … she also had bests of 12.09 100m and 24.28 200m this spring … indoors, Ken’Naria ran her first NBNI, taking 7th in the final at 55.50 after a 54.84 prelim … has very good range, having run 7.89 for 60m and 2:12.87 for 800 (4th 4A state in ’17).
- 100m/200m – PRs 10.89, 21.42i, 21.65
- Renaissance HS, Detroit MI, Class of 2020
Notes: Dylan’s 6.84 60 (6th) and 21.42 200 (3rd) sprint double at NBNI was a great way to finish off a super winter … the 21.42 was a PR; the 60 was just off his 6.82 best set at Spire … also part of outstanding Track Life TC 4x200 that ran 1:28.41 indoors … outdoor 10.89 100 and 21.65 200 bests came in AAU JO competition last summer; he would take 4th and 3rd in respective 100/200 AAU national finals (15-16 yo).
Malcolm Johnson, Jr.
- 100m/200m – PRs 10.50, 21.40
- St. Stephens & St. Agnes, Alexandria VA, Class of 2021
Notes: Malcolm is rejoining Team NSAF after competing with us in Iceland in Feb. and an outdoor season that includes a VISAA 100 title (10.58) and 200 runner-up (21.43) ... he won the NBNO frosh 100 in '18 with a meet record 10.62 (the top frosh 100m mark in US for '18) ... Malcolm set his 60m PR with 6.86 at NBNI in March (8th in final) ... in Iceland he was 3rd in 60 and ran on winning 4x200.
- 100m/200m – PRs 10.43w, 10.57, 21.01
- Miami Northwestern HS, Miami FL, Class of 2020
Notes: Da’Marcus’ season came to a spectacular peak in the 3A state meet, as he spearheaded the Bulls’ team title with his sprint double (200 PR, 100 within .05) and 4x1 anchor … he had not won either district or region titles in either event after showing that form with his 10.44w, 21.11 sweep of the GMAC titles in March … a 4-star wide-receiver, Da’Marcus transferred from Miami Southridge before the ’18 track season and was 4th in the 3A state 200 for his new team.
- 400m – PRs 47.34, 48.39i
- East St. Louis HS, East St. Louis IL, Class of 2020
Notes: Willie’s new 47.34 400 PR came in a strong runner-up finish at the Sugar Bowl Classic … that followed a short, but sweet indoor season that included a 48.39 victory in the NBNI Emerging Elite 400 … in 2018, Willie hit his peak in the summer when he won the AAU JO National 15-16 title at 47.82 … his strong range includes a 1:57.87 800 best back in ’17 as a freshman, down to a new 22.32 PR at 200.
- 400m – PRs 47.96, 48.71i
- Bullis School, Potomac MD, Class of 2020
Notes: Ryan has gained national recognition not just as a rising star sprinter individually, but as part of the Bullis School’s national-record-setting relays indoors: 3:12.53 in the 4x400 and 1:25.60 in the 4x200 … he ran his first individual sub-48 400 at Arcadia, where he took 3rd … he also has new 100 (10.82) and 200 (21.19) bests this spring … one of Ryan’s big highlights indoors this past winter was a 33.89 PR 300m in the Millrose Games for 2nd place.
- 400m – PRs 48.44, 49.04i
- IMG Academy, Bradenton FL, Class of 2020
- Notes: Chris enrolled at IMG Academy – coming from Saline, Michigan – this year and dividends came in March with a 49.04 400 indoors PR for 2nd in the NBNI Emerging Elite final behind new NSAF teammate Ryan Willie … as a Saline HS soph in ’18, he was 4th in the D1 state 400 at 48.44 … his bests outdoors at IMG this year include 48.90 400, 22.14 200 and 11.13 100.
- 100m Hurdles – PR 13.33
- Greater Atlanta Christian School, Norcross GA, Class of 2020
Notes: Jasmine’s 100m hurdling prowess hit new peaks outdoors last month in a West Coast trip that included victories at Stanford (13.49) and Arcadia – the latter with a US#2 13.33 PR (2nd only to pro Tia Jones on the list) … she made a huge national splash indoors in ’18 with a 3rd in the NBNI 60H (8.17 after 8.15 prelim), then followed this winter with a runner-up 8.22 … Jasmine also has PRs of 11.86 100, 24.17 200, 41.81 300H, 1:00.67 400H and 19-8.25 LJ … already has 4 state outdoor hurdle titles going into her junior year state meet in mid-May.
- 100m Hurdles – PR 13.54
- Oak Park HS, Oak Park MI, Class of 2020
- Notes: Aasia hit new heights indoors this winter when she took a strong 3rd in the NBNI 60H behind new NSAF teammate Jasmine Jones – at 8.32 after a new 8.25 PR in the prelims … unbeaten in the 100H outdoors so far in ’19 with a 14.04 best, following her 13.54 PR in ’18 (2nd D1 state) … Aasia also won the AAU JO 100H title (15-16s) at 13.75 last summer … she has 7.67 60, 12.03 100 and 24.20 200 sprint speed.
- 110m Hurdles – PR 13.68
- Arts and Sciences, Chattanooga TN, Class of 2020
Notes: Brevin’s early outdoor efforts have yielded big results, with a 13.68 110H PR at the Sweet 16 Invite and 38.09 300H best at the Signal Mountain meet … those beat his 13.89w and 38.45 PRs from ’18, when he swept the D1 state titles … Brevin impressed indoors with a 7.92 60H best, then was 3rd in the NBNI EE 60H final … he also brings 7.04 60, 11.00 100 and 21.91 sprint speed to the table.
- 110m Hurdles – PR 13.94
- Blanche Ely HS, Pompano Beach FL, Class of 2020
- Notes: Jevon completed a spectacular regular season at his 3A state meet, sweeping the 110H (14.08, -0.3w) and 300H – the latter by .04 with a big PR and US#1 36.54 … he is unbeaten in both events this year … his 110H time was close to the 13.94 PR (US#7) he established at the BCAA Champs in March … the 300H title was Williams’ second after winning in ’18; he was 5th in the 110H last year.
Kami Joi Hickson
- 800m – PRs 2:08.58i, 2:12.04
- Neumann-Goretti HS, Philadelphia PA, Class of 2020
Notes: Kami Joi enjoyed a huge breakthrough in the 800 at NBNI in March, running a 3-second PR 2:08.58 for 2nd in the unseeded race and 8th overall in the super-deep championship … she also anchored her team’s victorious 4x800 (2:11.76) and ran 2nd on their runner-up 4x4 – just as she did at NBNO last June … Kami Joi’s 2:12.56 2018 individual outdoor best got her 7th in the tight NBNO EE final last June.
- 800m – PRs 1:53.13, 1:54.86i
- Oakdale HS, Ijamsville MD, Class of 2020
Note: With his 1:54.86 800 in the NBNI Emerging Elite 800, Kyle earned notice as a rising star and he’s backed it up outdoors – clocking a 1:53.13 PR to win the Scorpion Classic … he has five 800 victories so far this spring, while also improving his 400 and 1600 PRs to 50.03 and 4:16.54 … Kyle anchored his school’s DMR in the Penn Relays championship, as well as his 4x400 squad … he captured 2A state titles in the 800 and 1600 this past winter, too.
- High Jump – PRs 6-3.25i, 6-0.75
- Panther Creek HS, NC, Class of 2020
- Note: Morgan authored one of the most electrifying performances at NBNI in March, soaring over 6-3.25 in Friday’s high jump championship to set a meet record and become #2 all-time … she was also 2nd in the TJ with a 41-9.75 PR and 4th in the LJ … this followed a stunning 4A indoor state meet triple in the same events … Morgan has leapt 6-0.75 and 41-4 so far this spring, and defended her Bojangles HJ title … on the track, she’s run 11.94, 24.55 and 56.72.
- Long Jump – PRs 20-8.75, 21-2.25w, 19-8i
- Memorial HS, Houston TX, Class of 2020
- Notes: With a stunning 21-2.25w, Claire captured the Texas Relays long jump title in a great battle with Jasmine Moore … she also had a wind-legal 20-8.75 in the series; both are national outdoor leaders and she’s unbeaten in the event headed into her 6A state title defense … Claire was also 3rd at NBNO last spring and 2nd in AAU JOs … her other PRs include 5-8 HJ (3rd at state last year), 38-8.25 TJ and 12.24 100.
- Triple Jump – PRs 41-3, 39-7.75i
- Notre Dame HS, Cape Girardeau MO, Class of 2020
Notes: Riley is in her second year as a member of the NSAF’s Project Triple Jump and, so far this spring, is unbeaten with a 41-3 best – in the nation’s top 10 and a couple inches off top 3 … she went over 41 for the first time in the NBNO Emerging Elite TJ last June, winning at 41-2.5 … that followed her 2nd straight state title … Riley also has PRs of 19-1.25 in the LJ, 5-6 in the HJ and 12.42 in the 100 … she recorded the highest test score ever at the Sanford Sports Science Institute last summer.
- High Jump – PRs 7-0i, 6-11
- Oak Mountain HS, Oak Mountain AL, Class of 2020
- Notes: Trey had an outstanding winter high jumping – tied for US#1 at 7-0, winning his state title, then capturing the NBNI crown at 6-10.75 … last weekend, he finished an unbeaten outdoor regular season with a 6-11 best and 7A state title … he was state runner-up ’18, then 5th at NBNO … a University of Louisville signee, Trey has also improved his long jump significantly this spring to 22-7.25, which earned him 6th at state.
- Long Jump – PRs 24-3.75i, 23-4.25
- Frederick Douglass HS, Lexington KY, Class of 2020
Notes: Jumping in the Music City Invite in early February, Christian had a big breakthrough for his first career 24-foot LJ – 24-3.75, beating his 23-9.75 season opener from a week earlier … in ’18 he was AAA state champ and a 23-4.25 leaper … Christian is looking forward to his first outdoor 24-footer and has PR’d for Douglass HS on the track with 11.16 100, 22.50 200 and 51.34 400 … he’s also a 43-1 triple jumper and has dashed 7.01 over 60 meters.
- Triple Jump – PRs 50-6i, 49-4.25
- Uniondale HS, Uniondale NY, Class of 2020
- Notes: Jaden is in his first year with the NSAF’s Project Triple Jump, having earned notice with his 49-3.25 state runner-up breakthrough performance as a soph in June ’18 … he followed up with a spectacular indoor campaign, including several major wins, his first state title (49-7.5) and a barrier-breaking 50-6 effort at NBNI to earn the bronze medal … Jaden has started outdoor strong, too, including a Penn Relays 4th with an outdoor PR 49-4.25 … his other PRs include 22-2.5 LJ and 6-5 HJ.
- Javelin – PR 161-8
- Trinity Catholic HS, St. Louis MO, Class of 2021
Notes: Sydney is a first-year thrower with the NSAF’s Project Javelin Gold, having impressed since her middle school days … she was AAU and USATF JO champ in ’17 after her 8th grade year and had a best of 144-3 … she was Class 3 state champ as a frosh last May, then threw a massive 161-8 PR for 2nd at JavFest … this spring, Sydney threw 155-0 in March, then improved to 155-6 in early May … her other PRs include 14.84 for 100H and 36-6.25 for TJ, and she swept 100H, TJ and javelin in her conference meet.
- Hammer – PRs 169-4, 61-0.25 WT
- Classical HS, Providence RI, Class of 2020
Notes: Cheyenne started May off with a bang, hitting a PR 169-4 to win the Brian Moretti Invite … that topped her 167-5 best from ’18 … indoors, she ranked 2nd nationally in the weight throw, with a 61-0.25 PR during her Millrose Games victory … she went on to win her state and New Englands titles, then place 3rd at NBNI … Cheyenne was 5th in the hammer at NBNO as a soph last June … she also has PRs in the shot and discus of 39-1.75 and 122-4.
- Javelin – PR 214-4
- IMG Academy, Bradenton FL, Class of 2019
Notes: It’s exciting to see what Zech might do this spring and as a senior after his recent transfer to IMG Academy from John Curtis HS in Louisiana … he finished last spring with a bang, taking 2nd in the NBNO javelin with a PR 214-4 heave after winning 5A state and Iron Wood titles … Zech is a true triple threat thrower, with PRs of 173-0 in the discus and 58-3.25 in the shot – the latter mark winning the Louisiana 5A indoor title before he transferred … he won two golds and a bronze in the throws as a soph at state in ’18.
- Hammer – PRs 254-0, 86-7.5 WT
- Ridgefield HS, Ridgefield WA, Class of 2019
- Notes: With his recent PRs of US#1 254-0 for the HS hammer (#4 all-time) and 213-9 for the international implement (Junior Class national record), Trey continues to become one of the greatest preps ever in the hammer and weight … he won his 2nd straight NBNI weight title in March at 80-0 after improving to 86-7.5 (#2 all-time) in February … Trey now owns 7 national class records in the hammer and weight … a super all-around thrower, he also has 63-5.5 SP and 189-4 DT PRs, winning 2018 state titles in each.