- 100m/200m – PRs 11.60, 23.79i, 23.94
- Garner HS, Garner NC, Class of 2020
- Notes: With her 3rd-place finish (23.79) in the NBNI 200m in March, just .01 behind senior runner-up Thelma Davies, Jonah made a big step up to the national championship level … she swept the NBNO EE 100 and 200 last spring with her meet record 11.60 PR and a 23.99 (then PR) … she was also USATF JO 100m runner-up last summer … has also run 7.53 for 60m and 38.64 for 300m … father is Duane Ross, Director of Track and Field at North Carolina A&T State.
- 100m/200m – PRs 11.83, 24.23, 24.50i
- Hillcrest HS, Simpsonville SC, Class of 2020
- Notes: Zariere has had strong success across all sprints the past few years, most recently stepping up to a 55.23 400 PR to win the Bojangles Classic … she was 2nd in the 400 and 4th in both the 100 (her 11.83 PR) and 200 at 5A state last year … showed her short sprint speed with 7.57 60 PR for 4th in NBNI EE final … Zariere was also 2nd in the ’18 NBNI EE 200 with her indoor best of 24.50.
- 100m/200m – PRs 11.66, 23.97, 24.09i
- Lakota East HS, Liberty Twp OH, Class of 2020
- Notes: Serena’s stellar indoor campaign was highlighted by a D1 state 200 title and 60m runner-up finish, two weeks after big PRs in those events at the Kentucky Invite (24.09 1st, 7.52 2nd prelim) … she came within .04 of making the 200 final at NBNI … Serena was the 200 runner-up in last spring’s Ohio D1 outdoor state meet … was also a member of the Lakota East 4x100 state championship-winning quartet.
- 400m – PRs 52.33, 52.62i
- Buford HS, Buford GA, Class of 2020
- Notes: Kimberly scored the biggest victory of her young career at NBNI when she edged Britton Wilson in the championship 400 with a US#1 and indoor PR 52.62 … outdoor 52.33 PR came last May while winning Atlanta Georgia Relays 400 … followed that with runner-up 52.54 at NBNO … has great range from 7.45 60m (NBNI EE victory) to 2:19.60 800m, with 11.65 100m, 23.39 200m, 37.36 300m in-between … has also long-jumped over 20 feet.
- 400m – PRs 54.21i, 54.95
- Saucon Valley HS, Hellertown PA, Class of 2020
- Notes: Talitha’s outstanding indoor season peaked at NBNI, where she ran her PR 54.21 to finish 5th in 400 championship … she also ran PRs of 7.54 60, 24.16 200 and 39.26 300 this winter … outer end of her range includes 2:20 800 and she has long-jumped 19-3 … Talitha was the state 400 runner-up in ’18 (and ran her 23.90 200 PR at NBNO), then indoors won 1st state 400 title … she is the daughter of U.S. 800 legend Joetta Clark Diggs.
- 400m – PRs 54.29, 54.84i
- Wharton HS, Tampa FL, Class of 2020
- Notes: Ken’Naria’s strong regular-season concluded with a 3rd in the 3A state 400 final at 54.75 (54.54 prelim), not far off the 54.29 PR she ran in finishing 2nd at the Louie Bing meet … she also had bests of 12.09 100m and 24.28 200m this spring … indoors, Ken’Naria ran her first NBNI, taking 7th in the final at 55.50 after a 54.84 prelim … has very good range, having run 7.89 for 60m and 2:12.87 for 800 (4th 4A state in ’17).
- 100m/200m – PRs 10.89, 21.42i, 21.65
- Renaissance HS, Detroit MI, Class of 2020
Notes: Dylan’s 6.84 60 (6th) and 21.42 200 (3rd) sprint double at NBNI was a great way to finish off a super winter … the 21.42 was a PR; the 60 was just off his 6.82 best set at Spire … also part of outstanding Track Life TC 4x200 that ran 1:28.41 indoors … outdoor 10.89 100 and 21.65 200 bests came in AAU JO competition last summer; he would take 4th and 3rd in respective 100/200 AAU national finals (15-16 yo).
- 100m/200m – PRs 10.80, 21.57, 21.72i
- Southeast HS, Raleigh NC, Class of 2020
Notes: With a season’s best 1:28.08 section 1 winner, Romell’s Bulldog Elite TC (Southeast Raleigh) 4x200 squad wound up a stunning upset champion at NBNO after 2nd section finalists faltered … he was also 6th in the 200 final (21.82) after indoor PR 21.72 in prelims … Romell just set a new 100 PR of 10.80 in winning conference meet; 21.57 outdoor 200 best dates from 2018 Bojangles meet (4th) … also sports a 34.77 300 PR indoors.
- 100m/200m – PRs 10.43w, 10.57, 21.01
- Miami Northwestern HS, Miami FL, Class of 2020
Notes: Da’Marcus’ season came to a spectacular peak in the 3A state meet, as he spearheaded the Bulls’ team title with his sprint double (200 PR, 100 within .05) and 4x1 anchor … he had not won either district or region titles in either event after showing that form with his 10.44w, 21.11 sweep of the GMAC titles in March … a 4-star wide-receiver, Da’Marcus transferred from Miami Southridge before the ’18 track season and was 4th in the 3A state 200 for his new team.
- 400m – PRs 47.34, 48.39i
- East St. Louis HS, East St. Louis IL, Class of 2020
Notes: Willie’s new 47.34 400 PR came in a strong runner-up finish at the Sugar Bowl Classic … that followed a short, but sweet indoor season that included a 48.39 victory in the NBNI Emerging Elite 400 … in 2018, Willie hit his peak in the summer when he won the AAU JO National 15-16 title at 47.82 … his strong range includes a 1:57.87 800 best back in ’17 as a freshman, down to a new 22.32 PR at 200.
- 400m – PRs 47.96, 48.71i
- Bullis School, Potomac MD, Class of 2020
Notes: Ryan has gained national recognition not just as a rising star sprinter individually, but as part of the Bullis School’s national-record-setting relays indoors: 3:12.53 in the 4x400 and 1:25.60 in the 4x200 … he ran his first individual sub-48 400 at Arcadia, where he took 3rd … he also has new 100 (10.82) and 200 (21.19) bests this spring … one of Ryan’s big highlights indoors this past winter was a 33.89 PR 300m in the Millrose Games for 2nd place.
- 400m – PRs 48.44, 49.04i
- IMG Academy, Bradenton FL, Class of 2020
- Notes: Chris enrolled at IMG Academy – coming from Saline, Michigan – this year and dividends came in March with a 49.04 400 indoors PR for 2nd in the NBNI Emerging Elite final behind new NSAF teammate Ryan Willie … as a Saline HS soph in ’18, he was 4th in the D1 state 400 at 48.44 … his bests outdoors at IMG this year include 48.90 400, 22.14 200 and 11.13 100.
- 100m Hurdles – PR 13.33
- Greater Atlanta Christian School, Norcross GA, Class of 2020
Notes: Jasmine’s 100m hurdling prowess hit new peaks outdoors last month in a West Coast trip that included victories at Stanford (13.49) and Arcadia – the latter with a US#2 13.33 PR (2nd only to pro Tia Jones on the list) … she made a huge national splash indoors in ’18 with a 3rd in the NBNI 60H (8.17 after 8.15 prelim), then followed this winter with a runner-up 8.22 … Jasmine also has PRs of 11.86 100, 24.17 200, 41.81 300H, 1:00.67 400H and 19-8.25 LJ … already has 4 state outdoor hurdle titles going into her junior year state meet in mid-May.
- 100m Hurdles – PR 13.54
- Oak Park HS, Oak Park MI, Class of 2020
- Notes: Aasia hit new heights indoors this winter when she took a strong 3rd in the NBNI 60H behind new NSAF teammate Jasmine Jones – at 8.32 after a new 8.25 PR in the prelims … unbeaten in the 100H outdoors so far in ’19 with a 14.04 best, following her 13.54 PR in ’18 (2nd D1 state) … Aasia also won the AAU JO 100H title (15-16s) at 13.75 last summer … she has 7.67 60, 12.03 100 and 24.20 200 sprint speed.
- 110m Hurdles – PR 13.68
- Arts and Sciences, Chattanooga TN, Class of 2020
Notes: Brevin’s early outdoor efforts have yielded big results, with a 13.68 110H PR at the Sweet 16 Invite and 38.09 300H best at the Signal Mountain meet … those beat his 13.89w and 38.45 PRs from ’18, when he swept the D1 state titles … Brevin impressed indoors with a 7.92 60H best, then was 3rd in the NBNI EE 60H final … he also brings 7.04 60, 11.00 100 and 21.91 sprint speed to the table.
- 110m Hurdles – PR 13.94
- Blanche Ely HS, Pompano Beach FL, Class of 2020
- Notes: Jevon completed a spectacular regular season at his 3A state meet, sweeping the 110H (14.08, -0.3w) and 300H – the latter by .04 with a big PR and US#1 36.54 … he is unbeaten in both events this year … his 110H time was close to the 13.94 PR (US#7) he established at the BCAA Champs in March … the 300H title was Williams’ second after winning in ’18; he was 5th in the 110H last year.
Kami Joi Hickson
- 800m – PRs 2:08.58i, 2:12.04
- Neumann-Goretti HS, Philadelphia PA, Class of 2020
Notes: Kami Joi enjoyed a huge breakthrough in the 800 at NBNI in March, running a 3-second PR 2:08.58 for 2nd in the unseeded race and 8th overall in the super-deep championship … she also anchored her team’s victorious 4x800 (2:11.76) and ran 2nd on their runner-up 4x4 – just as she did at NBNO last June … Kami Joi’s 2:12.56 2018 individual outdoor best got her 7th in the tight NBNO EE final last June.
- 800m – PRs 1:53.13, 1:54.86i
- Oakdale HS, Ijamsville MD, Class of 2020
Note: With his 1:54.86 800 in the NBNI Emerging Elite 800, Kyle earned notice as a rising star and he’s backed it up outdoors – clocking a 1:53.13 PR to win the Scorpion Classic … he has five 800 victories so far this spring, while also improving his 400 and 1600 PRs to 50.03 and 4:16.54 … Kyle anchored his school’s DMR in the Penn Relays championship, as well as his 4x400 squad … he captured 2A state titles in the 800 and 1600 this past winter, too.
- High Jump – PRs 6-3.25i, 6-0.75
- Panther Creek HS, NC, Class of 2020
- Note: Morgan authored one of the most electrifying performances at NBNI in March, soaring over 6-3.25 in Friday’s high jump championship to set a meet record and become #2 all-time … she was also 2nd in the TJ with a 41-9.75 PR and 4th in the LJ … this followed a stunning 4A indoor state meet triple in the same events … Morgan has leapt 6-0.75 and 41-4 so far this spring, and defended her Bojangles HJ title … on the track, she’s run 11.94, 24.55 and 56.72.
- Long Jump – PRs 20-8.75, 21-2.25w, 19-8i
- Memorial HS, Houston TX, Class of 2020
- Notes: With a stunning 21-2.25w, Claire captured the Texas Relays long jump title in a great battle with Jasmine Moore … she also had a wind-legal 20-8.75 in the series; both are national outdoor leaders and she’s unbeaten in the event headed into her 6A state title defense … Claire was also 3rd at NBNO last spring and 2nd in AAU JOs … her other PRs include 5-8 HJ (3rd at state last year), 38-8.25 TJ and 12.24 100.
- Triple Jump – PRs 41-3, 39-7.75i
- Notre Dame HS, Cape Girardeau MO, Class of 2020
Notes: Riley is in her second year as a member of the NSAF’s Project Triple Jump and, so far this spring, is unbeaten with a 41-3 best – in the nation’s top 10 and a couple inches off top 3 … she went over 41 for the first time in the NBNO Emerging Elite TJ last June, winning at 41-2.5 … that followed her 2nd straight state title … Riley also has PRs of 19-1.25 in the LJ, 5-6 in the HJ and 12.42 in the 100 … she recorded the highest test score ever at the Sanford Sports Science Institute last summer.
- High Jump – PRs 7-0i, 6-11
- Oak Mountain HS, Oak Mountain AL, Class of 2020
- Notes: Trey had an outstanding winter high jumping – tied for US#1 at 7-0, winning his state title, then capturing the NBNI crown at 6-10.75 … last weekend, he finished an unbeaten outdoor regular season with a 6-11 best and 7A state title … he was state runner-up ’18, then 5th at NBNO … a University of Louisville signee, Trey has also improved his long jump significantly this spring to 22-7.25, which earned him 6th at state.
- Long Jump – PRs 24-3.75i, 23-4.25
- Frederick Douglass HS, Lexington KY, Class of 2020
Notes: Jumping in the Music City Invite in early February, Christian had a big breakthrough for his first career 24-foot LJ – 24-3.75, beating his 23-9.75 season opener from a week earlier … in ’18 he was AAA state champ and a 23-4.25 leaper … Christian is looking forward to his first outdoor 24-footer and has PR’d for Douglass HS on the track with 11.16 100, 22.50 200 and 51.34 400 … he’s also a 43-1 triple jumper and has dashed 7.01 over 60 meters.
- Triple Jump – PRs 50-6i, 49-4.25
- Uniondale HS, Uniondale NY, Class of 2020
- Notes: Jaden is in his first year with the NSAF’s Project Triple Jump, having earned notice with his 49-3.25 state runner-up breakthrough performance as a soph in June ’18 … he followed up with a spectacular indoor campaign, including several major wins, his first state title (49-7.5) and a barrier-breaking 50-6 effort at NBNI to earn the bronze medal … Jaden has started outdoor strong, too, including a Penn Relays 4th with an outdoor PR 49-4.25 … his other PRs include 22-2.5 LJ and 6-5 HJ.
- Javelin – PR 161-8
- Trinity Catholic HS, St. Louis MO, Class of 2021
Notes: Sydney is a first-year thrower with the NSAF’s Project Javelin Gold, having impressed since her middle school days … she was AAU and USATF JO champ in ’17 after her 8th grade year and had a best of 144-3 … she was Class 3 state champ as a frosh last May, then threw a massive 161-8 PR for 2nd at JavFest … this spring, Sydney threw 155-0 in March, then improved to 155-6 in early May … her other PRs include 14.84 for 100H and 36-6.25 for TJ, and she swept 100H, TJ and javelin in her conference meet.
- Hammer – PRs 169-4, 61-0.25 WT
- Classical HS, Providence RI, Class of 2020
Notes: Cheyenne started May off with a bang, hitting a PR 169-4 to win the Brian Moretti Invite … that topped her 167-5 best from ’18 … indoors, she ranked 2nd nationally in the weight throw, with a 61-0.25 PR during her Millrose Games victory … she went on to win her state and New Englands titles, then place 3rd at NBNI … Cheyenne was 5th in the hammer at NBNO as a soph last June … she also has PRs in the shot and discus of 39-1.75 and 122-4.
- Javelin – PR 214-4
- IMG Academy, Bradenton FL, Class of 2019
Notes: It’s exciting to see what Zech might do this spring and as a senior after his recent transfer to IMG Academy from John Curtis HS in Louisiana … he finished last spring with a bang, taking 2nd in the NBNO javelin with a PR 214-4 heave after winning 5A state and Iron Wood titles … Zech is a true triple threat thrower, with PRs of 173-0 in the discus and 58-3.25 in the shot – the latter mark winning the Louisiana 5A indoor title before he transferred … he won two golds and a bronze in the throws as a soph at state in ’18.
- Hammer – PRs 254-0, 86-7.5 WT
- Ridgefield HS, Ridgefield WA, Class of 2019
- Notes: With his recent PRs of US#1 254-0 for the HS hammer (#4 all-time) and 213-9 for the international implement (Junior Class national record), Trey continues to become one of the greatest preps ever in the hammer and weight … he won his 2nd straight NBNI weight title in March at 80-0 after improving to 86-7.5 (#2 all-time) in February … Trey now owns 7 national class records in the hammer and weight … a super all-around thrower, he also has 63-5.5 SP and 189-4 DT PRs, winning 2018 state titles in each.