NATIONAL TOP-5 PERFORMANCES
rankings are based on pre-meet lists
(* indicates overall ranking includes oversized-track marks for relevant events)
- US#1* 54.30 girls’ 400 by Motor City TC’s Anna Jefferson (Oak Park, MI soph), ahead of Makenzie Dunmore (McEachern, GA soph) US#7* 55.55, Memphis Mustangs’ Jaden Davis (Hutchison, TN junior) US#8* 55.64 and Bryana Robinson (Pebblebrook, GA senior) US#9* 55.93.
- US#1* 48.45 boys’ 400 by Motor City TC’s Maurice Allen (Oak Park, MI senior), winning decisively over Michigan Accelerators’ Benjamin Hayes (Belleville, MI junior) 49.24. Pacesetters’ Nicholas Gray (Pickerington North, OH junior) won Section 4 in 48.83, taking 2nd overall, and Justin Hamilton (DeMatha Catholic, MD junior) won Section 2 in 48.85 for 3rd overall.
- US#2 8.37 girls’ 60 hurdles (#20 all-time) by Chantel Ray (Hampton, VA senior), defeating Motor City TC’s Quenee’ Dale (Saline, MI senior) US#3 8.47 and The Heat’s Shanel Burr (North Cobb, GA senior) US#9 8.63.
- US#2* 21.61 boys’ 200 by De’Ondre McClain (Hazel Green, AL senior), beating Bruin Elite’s William Bush (Louisville Ballard, KY senior) 21.81 and regulation track US#1 Darryl Haraway (DeMatha Catholic, MD junior) 21.92. Pacesetters’ Nicholas Gray (Pickerington North, OH junior) won Section 4 in US#5* 21.69, taking 2nd overall, and Jordan Burks (Columbia, AL senior) took Section 2 in 21.87 for 4th overall as six total went under 22.
- US#2* 3:47.02 girls’ 4x400 by Motor City TC (Oak Park, MI HS), winning by more than nine seconds and with 400 champ Anna Jefferson anchoring.
- 2:10.93 girls’ 800 for Grosse Pointe TC’s Ersula Farrow (Grosse Pointe South, MI junior), winning by more than three seconds (she was already US#2* 2:10.17), and coming back after winning Section 1 of girls’ mile in 4:59.64 (2nd overall).
- US#3 6.78 boys’ 60 dash by Motor City TC’s Eli Minor (Oak Park, MI senior), ahead of Darryl Haraway (DeMatha Catholic, MD junior) 6.82 and Memphis Mustangs’ Molefi Maat (Cordova, TN senior) 6.83.
- US#3* 1:53.24 boys’ 800 by Memphis Mustangs’ Terrell Jackson (Memphis U. HS, TN soph), beating Jeramey Hampton (North Gwinnett, GA junior) US#5* 1:53.72 and Johnny Leverenz (Danville, IL) US#9* 1:54.09.
- 55-5.5 girls’ weight throw by Kelli Thomas (Luella, GA senior) (current US#3 58-11.5), winning by more than three feet over Kaylee Antill (Tri-Valley, OH junior) 52-2.75.
- 39-9.25 girls’ triple jump by Javonne Antoine (Elizabeth Seton, MD senior) (current US#4 40-0.75), defeating Kindersport’s Megan Meadow (Brentwood Academy, TN junior) US#8 39-3.
- 16-6 boys’ pole vault by Indiana TC’s Deakin Volz (Bloomington South, IN junior) (current US#5 16-8.75), prevailing over Memphis Mustangs’ Harrison Williams (Memphis U., TN senior) 16-0 and Ocean Carlson (Briarcrest Christian, TN senior) 15-6.
More outstanding doubles
- US#8* 4:13.15 mile / 9:18.30 2-mile boys’ double by Wesley Pectol (Greeneville, TN senior). Pectol wins mile by nearly four seconds over Michael Hall (St. Xavier, OH senior) 4:17.04, but ten runners under 4:19 in mile in two deep sections, and 15 at 4:20 or better (7 of them from Tennessee). Brentwood quartet of Alec Thomas (4:17.32), Aaron Thomas (4:17.95), Taylor Caldwell (4:20.55) and Coleman Churitch (4:20.73) totals 17:16.55 between them.
- US#10 19-0.75 long jump / 5-3.75 high jump girls’ double by The Heat’s Jordan Gray, with Maya Neal (Neuqua Valley, IL junior) 2nd in LJ at 18-10.75.
- 23-1.25 long jump / 44-9.5 triple jump boys’ double by Chi-Rho’s Fred Dorsey (St. Pius X, GA senior)
- 4:56.79 mile / 10:46.32 2-mile girls’ double by Annie Heffernan (Cincinnati St. Ursula, OH junior), winning the former out of the 2nd section and the latter setting a Fieldhouse record.
More outstanding champions
- B-4x400: US#7* 3:20.69 by DeMatha Catholic MD over Memphis Mustangs TC (Memphis U. HS) 3:21.58 (ran w/o Harrison Williams).
- G-200: US#8* 24.51 by Makenzie Dunmore (McEachern, GA soph), winning out of 2nd section after Junior Striders’ Ama-Selina Tchume (Southeast Raleigh NC senior) won the 1st section in 24.58. Dunmore was 2nd earlier in the 400.
- G-SP: US#10 45-0.25 by 5 Star Track’s Zakiya Rashid (Nansemond River, VA junior), winning by about 10 inches over Leena Morris (Etowah, GA junior) 44-4.
- B-SP: 60-8.5 by Rashad Manning (Riverdale Baptist, MD junior) on his final throw, beating Evan McCracken (Cherokee, TN junior) 59-11.
- B-WT: 61-11.75 by Tim Roop (Centerville, OH senior), winning by 2-1/2 feet over Andrew Robinson (McDonogh School, MD senior) 59-5, after trailing until 5th throw.
- B-HJ: 6-8 by Isaiah Kyle (Morristown East, TN junior), winning with an overall PR in his first-ever indoor meet.
- G-PV: 12-6 by Lawrence Cyclones’ Lean Frischmann (Lawrence Central, IN senior), winning by more than a foot.
- B-60H: 8.08 by Jack Lint (Columbus Acad., OH senior), just edging Juan Scott (Dayton Dunbar, OH junior) 8.09 and RSS’s David Gilstrap (Marist, GA) also 8.09 (Gilstrap ran 8.04 in prelims).
- G-60: 7.65 by Junior Striders’ Ama-Selina Tchume (Southeast Raleigh NC senior), nipping by .002 Kentucky Elite’s Khianna Gray 7.65 and with Autumn Heath (Lakota East, OH senior) 7.67 and DC Express’s DeAndra Greer (Woodland, GA junior) 7.68 right behind.
- B-4x800: 8:01.78 by Providence Day School (Charlotte, NC), winning by more than three seconds over Knoxville Youth Athletics 8:04.82. Providence Day included Great American champ Ben Huffman and Nick Linder, who won the second section of mile in 4:17.11 and was 3rd overall.
- G-4x800: 9:49.32 for Flashes TC, beating Hardin Valley 9:53.63 by more than four seconds.